Friday 8 July 2011

Lagerfeld Cuffs

Flicking through the latest Vogue I came across the latest ad campaign from Kurt Geiger.


I love the styling, simple and chic with a POP of red. Anja wears it so well doesn't she? One of the details struck me though, and it was those Lagerfeld cuffs. Synonymous with Mr Karl Lagerfeld himself and a styling tip always mimicked within his shows for Chanel - Coco Chanel herself did love the tomboy style. Here are Caroline Sieber and Poppy Delevigne sporting the archetypal look.


Its all in the details, and whilst it could look very masculine those cropped jacket sleeves with blouson extended cuffs underneath soften the look. Mix it up with texture like lace, leather, velvet and lurex. Whilst I mostly live in black and white I'll happily reinterpret this look with the pop of red... maybe a lick of nail polish, lip stain or ballerina's.

Mac Russian Red lipstick.

 Chanel Dragon red nails.
Ballerina flats from Office.

No comments: